ONTAP Discussions

SnapMirror subsystem is not fully operational yet

thokelly

Full error message :"SnapMirror subsystem is not fully operational yet. Wait a few minutes and try the command again."

when I try to migrate a volume from 7-mode to cDOT, either by 7MTT or by snapmirror on console.

Snapmirror license OK, peering OK, ports open.

90456    Error    Failed to create the SnapMirror relationship for the following clustered Data ONTAP volumes.        

Target SVM                                            Volume    Error Code    Error Details
netapp11(netapp11):netapp-archiv01   voltest2   13001            SnapMirror subsystem is not fully operational yet. Wait a few minutes and try the command again.

Anyone had this error before?

/Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi Tom,

That was the external link so i'm not sure why you can't access it but here is what the KB says:

Symptom

Snapmirror create fails with the error: 

SnapMirror subsystem is not fully operational yet. Wait a few minutes and try the command again. or...

Error: command failed: Failed to compute the Vserver identification from this content.

Cause: Node was not fully/properly added to the cluster.
Solution: Reboot the node with the error.

Given you mentioned you recently moved the hardware between DC's the issue might have occurred when it was added to the cluster in which case a node reboot should resolve it.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NAYABSK

Hi, 

Thank you for writing to NetApp community. Could post the 7MTT logs here ?

session_name/transition.log

Thanks,

Nayab

NAYABSK

Hi, 

When the error says the subsystem is not ready. I would like to know was the cluster setup already ? or in progress ? or in initialization state ?

Check the cluster health to know if it is healthy

NetApp> Cluster  show

Thanks,

Nayab

thokelly

Hello Nayab,

I have to admit that the cluster was set up, then moved to a different data center location, but we dont have the ISLs up yet

(resulting in "mirror degraded" aggregates).

I suppose that this could be the problem, but am not sure.

/Tom

mbeattie

Hi Tom,

Have you seen this KB?

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/ka11A0000001Bfi/internal-snapmirror-fails-with-the-error-message-snapmirror-subsystem-is-not-fully-operational...

/matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

thokelly

"KB article Not found. Please check the URL or KB number and try again."

internal link?

mbeattie

Hi Tom,

That was the external link so i'm not sure why you can't access it but here is what the KB says:

Symptom

Snapmirror create fails with the error: 

SnapMirror subsystem is not fully operational yet. Wait a few minutes and try the command again. or...

Error: command failed: Failed to compute the Vserver identification from this content.

Cause: Node was not fully/properly added to the cluster.
Solution: Reboot the node with the error.

Given you mentioned you recently moved the hardware between DC's the issue might have occurred when it was added to the cluster in which case a node reboot should resolve it.

/Matt

thokelly

Rebooted both nodes of the destination cluster and now it works!

Thx a lot!

Smiley Happy

/Tom

Public