ONTAP Discussions

Where Is Upgrade Advisor?

TMADOCTHOMAS

Hello,

I need to use Upgrade Advisor this afternoon but cannot find it anymore. The ActiveIQ page doesn't have a link to it and they have also removed the link to the old version of the page which had a link to Upgrade Advisor. Where has it moved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

Hello,

Once you log in to the Active IQ, in the main page for that specific system you should be able to an "Upgrades" window. Once you click on it, it will take you the page where you can "Generate Upgrade Plan" as needed.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

hmoubara

Hello,

Once you log in to the Active IQ, in the main page for that specific system you should be able to an "Upgrades" window. Once you click on it, it will take you the page where you can "Generate Upgrade Plan" as needed.

Thanks 

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you @hmoubara , I see it. As a point of feedback, that is extremely un-intuitive. It would never have occurred to me to look there. I would recommend simply putting a link to Upgrade Advisor back on the left menu again.

TMADOCTHOMAS

One other question. Where can you view the status of the request? Previously you could click a screen to show that the upgrade plan is in progress, completed, errored out, etc. I don't see that anymore.

pedro_rocha

Hi,

On the left menu, got to Reports

regards,

Pedro

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks @pedro_rocha , I see it. Once again as feedback to NetApp, very unintuitive. Was super-easy previously.

pedro_rocha
I agree with you.

paul_stejskal

Sadly I don't disagree...

@DrewC FYI

Public