ONTAP Discussions

ontap image choose

MJABER

hi all 

i am going to do Dataon tap upgrade and i have landed on the image page to download nad founded two item :

one under pc_eld and one under x86_x64 

please let me know what is the difference between both and which one to use 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

You will most likely want to get the ".tgz" version.  The netboot image is usually used only in recovery circumstances, and the .zip file is used when upgrading from ONTAP 7.x.

Regardless, make sure you read, understand, and follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide!  If you have AutoSupport enabled, MyAutoSupport has an upgrade advisor which tells you about any configuration gotchas, etc. prior to performing the upgrade from old version to new version.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

asulliva

Can you please provide the Data ONTAP version, Clustered or 7-Mode, and the hardware model you're downloading for?

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

MJABER

Data Ontap 7G Mode 

FAS3170

asulliva

You will most likely want to get the ".tgz" version.  The netboot image is usually used only in recovery circumstances, and the .zip file is used when upgrading from ONTAP 7.x.

Regardless, make sure you read, understand, and follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide!  If you have AutoSupport enabled, MyAutoSupport has an upgrade advisor which tells you about any configuration gotchas, etc. prior to performing the upgrade from old version to new version.

Andrew

Public