ONTAP Discussions

snapmirror svm and vserver config override -command

BelloA

Hi,

I’m using Snapmirror to migrate a SVM from a FAS8040 running 8.3.2P12  (populated with 10K disks) to an AFFA300 running 9.3P6 with the following command:

Destination_AFF::> snapmirror create -source-vserver VS1 -destination-vserver VS2 -type DP -throttle unlimited -policy DPDefault -schedule daily -identity-preserve true

It was important for us to use identity-preserve parameter but this fully provisioned (space-guarantee volume) some very large volumes which meant that some of the snapmirror transfers fail. I tried to set space-guarantee to none but I was unable to change the setting as the volume was part of an identity-preserve  snapmirror relationship. I later found out that there was a diag level command

Destination_AFF::> vserver config override -command “vol modify -vserver VS2 -volume -space-guarantee none”  

Which would allow me to change this thin provisioning setting (I wish I knew this before deleting the snapmirror and volume configuration!!!).

My question is, apart from the space-guarantee setting, is it possible to use the vserver config override -command to set volume efficiency to inline compression, inline-dedupe, and data-compaction to true if the source snapmirror volumes don’t have these settings? I just wanted to maximize the space saving capability of the AFFA300. This is a bit of a request I know but your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public