OpenStack Discussions

NaApiError: 13010:invalid version format

sayganesha

Hi guys,

I installed the icehouse openstack cinder rpm on my linux system (along with other openstack libraries).

Now, I wrote up my own client to invoke the cinder driver for netapp.

The Netapp we have is clustered version : NetaApp Release 8.2 P3

I keep getting this error:

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/netapp/iscsi.py", line 140, in do_setup
    self._do_custom_setup()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/netapp/iscsi.py", line 1159, in _do_custom_setup
    (major, minor) = self._get_ontapi_version()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/netapp/iscsi.py", line 333, in _get_ontapi_version
    res = self.client.invoke_successfully(ontapi_version, False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/netapp/api.py", line 225, in invoke_successfully
    raise NaApiError(code, msg)
cinder.volume.drivers.netapp.api.NaApiError: NetApp api failed. Reason - 13010:invalid version format

I looked into the code and it seems like the following code is failing:

# Default values to run first api
        self.client.set_api_version(5, 15)
        (major, minor) = self._get_ontapi_version()

Any ideas as to what could be the problem here ? How to fix it ?

1 REPLY 1

lgreg

Hello

did you ever get past the issue below? I've seen similar error messages in the past with other "tools". Typically, the version error response that I have seen in the past was related to the Storage Account not having the proper priv's/Roles assigned. It's as if Cinder is not able to get a version response yet the conditional requires the major/minor version. But priv's is not always the case.. Is this cDOT or 7-mode(I assume cDOT based on statement of Netapp clustered version 8.2p3)? I see that you are using iSCSI as a backend - have you tried this with NFS? 

Public