Python Discussions

Is Python the best programming language for beginners?

Millie-Jack

I want to learn mobile app development and I have already started taking courses. I did research and found out that Python is being used by developers across the world and it's best for beginners. Should I go for Python for mobile app development learning?

1 REPLY 1

RobertBlackhart

This answer reflects my personal opinion and isn't related to NetApp or automating NetApp products.

While I am a huge fan of Python and I use it as often as I can, I'm not sure that it is best suited for mobile development. This is not because there is an inherent problem with the language. Rather it is because the major mobile platform providers (Apple with iOS and Google with Android) optimize their workflows and tooling around different languages (Swift and Objective-C for iOS and Kotlin and Java for Android).

If you want to take advantage of all of the tools offered by those platforms and the collective knowledge of the internet community when you need help with a problem, then I would choose one of those languages for your mobile development projects.

It is possible to use Python to develop an app on both iOS and Android, but it will make your learning process that much more difficult because it isn't given official support by Apple or Google. That said, it all depends on what kind of challenge you want for yourself.

Public