Simulator Discussions

Download 9.4 simulator

maheshlad

Dear All,

I am not able find the download link for 9.4 Simulator. Please help me with old version of simulator download link.

Regards,

Mahesh Lad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

maheshlad

Thank you for reply.

I have used work around as  Netapp Managibility SDK  to with API from storage .

Now i have started my work further.

Thank you for support and guidance. close the discussion on this thread.

Regards,

Mahesh Lad

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Looks like only latest 3 Simulator Images are available -9.7,9.6 & 9.5.  NetApp site has been upgraded recently, so the old link now automatically re-directs to the new tools url, but I am not sure if it's possible to access old URL.

Anyway,  any reason for Ontap 9.4 Simulator ? Are you trying to test any scenario specific to Ontap 9.4 ?

You can try this workaround:
1) Install 9.5 Simulator image.
2) Download 9.4 Production Image.
https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/products/all/details/ontap9/downloads-tab/download/62286/9.4/downloads
3) Get the 9.4 Image on the Simulator Node.

4) Follow the standard system node revert-to procedure to downgrade from 9.5 to 9.4.

Reverting an ONTAP cluster: (Obviously not all steps apply to Simulator, but the procedure works).
https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.dot-cm-ug-rdg%2FGUID-1F953088-E84E-4437-A599-72C11D015757.html

Thanks!

maheshlad

thank you for the reply. i have ontap 9.4 in production, i have to check some API integration with open source Grafana for monitoring  of storage & servers. I have done with server part integration. now looking for storage. and i don't have seprate admininistration in production and also don't have virtual environement too.

Reagrds,

Mahesh Lad

Ontapforrum

For API integration/testing purpose, I guess you will need to install  'Ontap 9.4' simulator  in your environment ? you will need VM player or VMware workstation.

maheshlad

Thank you for reply.

I have used work around as  Netapp Managibility SDK  to with API from storage .

Now i have started my work further.

Thank you for support and guidance. close the discussion on this thread.

Regards,

Mahesh Lad

Ontapforrum

Thanks for the reply. I got you . So, you are using NetApp SDK APis directly on the Prod Filer instead of  'Simulator. That's fine!.

Public