Simulator Discussions

Download 9.4 simulator

maheshlad

Dear All,

I am not able find the download link for 9.4 Simulator. Please help me with old version of simulator download link.

Regards,

Mahesh Lad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

maheshlad

Thank you for reply.

I have used work around as  Netapp Managibility SDK  to with API from storage .

Now i have started my work further.

Thank you for support and guidance. close the discussion on this thread.

Regards,

Mahesh Lad

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Looks like only latest 3 Simulator Images are available -9.7,9.6 & 9.5.  NetApp site has been upgraded recently, so the old link now automatically re-directs to the new tools url, but I am not sure if it's possible to access old URL.

Anyway,  any reason for Ontap 9.4 Simulator ? Are you trying to test any scenario specific to Ontap 9.4 ?

You can try this workaround:
1) Install 9.5 Simulator image.
2) Download 9.4 Production Image.
https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/products/all/details/ontap9/downloads-tab/download/62286/9.4/downloads
3) Get the 9.4 Image on the Simulator Node.

4) Follow the standard system node revert-to procedure to downgrade from 9.5 to 9.4.

Reverting an ONTAP cluster: (Obviously not all steps apply to Simulator, but the procedure works).
https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.dot-cm-ug-rdg%2FGUID-1F953088-E84E-4437-A599-72C11D015757.html

Thanks!

maheshlad

thank you for the reply. i have ontap 9.4 in production, i have to check some API integration with open source Grafana for monitoring  of storage & servers. I have done with server part integration. now looking for storage. and i don't have seprate admininistration in production and also don't have virtual environement too.

Reagrds,

Mahesh Lad

Ontapforrum

For API integration/testing purpose, I guess you will need to install  'Ontap 9.4' simulator  in your environment ? you will need VM player or VMware workstation.

maheshlad

Thank you for reply.

I have used work around as  Netapp Managibility SDK  to with API from storage .

Now i have started my work further.

Thank you for support and guidance. close the discussion on this thread.

Regards,

Mahesh Lad

View solution in original post

Ontapforrum

Thanks for the reply. I got you . So, you are using NetApp SDK APis directly on the Prod Filer instead of  'Simulator. That's fine!.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public