Simulator Discussions

IGROUP CREATE and LUN MAPPING

windycity_1

Hello to all the pros and experts out there in the community, I am reaching out for assistance here.

I am trying to create an igroup and map it to an initiator, I keep getting errors which means, I am doing something wrong.

QUESTION:

Can I use any of the initiator group names that I see when I run ( igroup show) or, can I just pick any name or use the Hostname of the Windows Server that will access the Volume?.

Is the iqn: from the server that will access the Volume I created or, can I use any of the iqn that is associated with the igroup names I see

On my command below, I am trying to use EXCHANGE, JONHDOE for igroup names as an example. I also tried to use one of the igroup names when I do igroup show but, it says, it already exist.

These are my errors:

lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup JohnDoe -protocol iscsi -ostype windows_2008 -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hzda20ufs1.mi.di.boy.mil

cluster1::> lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup JohnDoe -protocol iscsi -ostype windows_2008 -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hzda20ufs1.mi.di.boy.mil

Error: "windows_2008" is an invalid value for field "-ostype <solaris|windows|hpux|aix|linux|netware|vmware|openvms|xen|hyper_v>"

cluster1::>

cluster1::> Error:

Error: "Error:" is not a recognized command

cluster1::> lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup Exchange -protocol iscsi -ostype windows -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hqdac8ndam01.mi.ds.army.mil

Error: command failed: Invalid initiator "hqdac8ndam01.mi.ds.boy.mil". An example of a valid WWN is "01:02:03:04:0a:0b:0c:0d". Examples of valid iSCSI names are

"iqn.1995-08.com.example:string" and "eui.0123456789ab.

cluster1::> lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup JohnDoe -protocol iscsi -ostype windows_2008 -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hzda20ufs1.mi.di.boy.mil

Error: "windows_2008" is an invalid value for field "-ostype <solaris|windows|hpux|aix|linux|netware|vmware|openvms|xen|hyper_v>"

cluster1::>

Error: "Error:" is not a recognized command

cluster1::> lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup Exchange -protocol iscsi -ostype windows -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hqdac8ndam01.mi.ds.boy.mil

Error: command failed: Invalid initiator "hqdac8ndam01.mi.ds.boy.mil". An example of a valid WWN is "01:02:03:04:0a:0b:0c:0d". Examples of valid iSCSI names are

"iqn.1995-08.com.example:string" and "eui.0123456789ab

I LIKE TO CREATE THE IGROUP AND MAP THE LUN BUT, I AM NOT SURE WHICH IQN I NEED TO USE OR, IF I CAN JUST USE, either the iqn from the Server that will access the LUN of an existing ign that I see when i run igroup show.

Thnaks in advance to everyone out there for your input and assistance

-S

1 REPLY 1

J-L-B

Use "windows" and not "windows_2008" for your OS type.  The valid OS types for iGroups are:  <solaris|windows|hpux|aix|linux|netware|vmware|openvms|xen|hyper_v>

As far as the iscsi initiator name, it looks like there may be a space after the colon in the name causing the error.  

Refer to https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1610202/html/lun/igroup/create.html     See step #2

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public