Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Simulator Discussions

SIM 8.1.1 c-mode - Problem with setenv bootarg.nvram.sysid

KylePayne

I'm trying to use the latest 8.1.1 C-MODE SIM

I ran the commands to change the serial number and system ID as the very first step before ever letting the SIM boot all the way up. I used the following specifically.

setenv SYS_SERIAL_NUM

setenv bootarg.nvram.sysid 1111111111

When I ran the printenv command on both it shows they are both changed.

I then booted up the SIM and it failed to boot because no disks were found. I booted into maintenance mode and no disks were assigned. When I ran the disk assign all command I noticed the system ID was not changed. I ran sysconfig -v and saw the serial number had been changed but not the system ID.

I've read many posts on this and to be clear I am using the setenv command (not set) and I did run the printenv command to verify it changed. Even on the next boot I went back to the > prompt and it still showed both were set.

Is there a problem with the latest SIM not letting you set the system ID?

2 REPLIES 2

bloehlein

Hi,

you have to change two variables:

setenv SYS_SERIAL_NUM 4061490-32-5

setenv bootarg.nvram.sysid 4061490325

KylePayne

To be clear I did set both variables.  In my case I found the value I set the sysid to in the SIM is not what actually got set. However, running the variable command did in fact give the SIM a different unique system ID.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public