Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Simulator Discussions

Cluster-Mode SIM with 4 Nodes?

mskubski

Hi, can I setup a cluster-mode cluster with 4 nodes using the SIM? The License is only for 2 Nodes, but I want to add 4 Nodes to the cluster. thank you, regards Maurice

3 REPLIES 3

mskubski

ok, thank you all!!

AGUMADAVALLI

The simulator is limited to 2 nodes only but you can built another cluster to perform the snapmirror operations.

thank you,

AK G

WILLIAMP_POWLEY

I don't believe so, as I don't think they provide enough serial numbers for that many systems. Unless there is a trick to increment the fake serial number they give us by 1 for each new node. But honestly, I doubt they would allow something like that in a lab since there isn't a real interconnect, and it's only for testing purposes. Obviously they are trying to limit how far we can go with the Cluster-Mode systems in a lab so we do not try using them in Production. Makes sense.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public