Simulator Discussions

can't configure 2nd node in simulator 8.3 cmode

bader

I am setting up the cmode 8.3.1 simulator in vsphere 6.0.

The first node went fine.  I then installed the 2nd node and I changed the Serial Number and System ID.

When the node rebooted I got

ad3: timeout (5 s)-WRITE_DMA retrying (4 retries left)  over and over

then vm rebooted,

I finally got to the boot menu and  started the "Clean configuration and initialize all disks."

and these messages started appearing again "ad3: timeout (5 s)-WRITE_DMA retrying (4 retries left)  over and over"

Has anyonbe seen this before?

I removed that VM and tried again with the same results.

Thanks

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bader

Well I figured it out...  One of our other admins had put a QOS policy on the volume that is the datastore for the simulator, since I had installed the first virtual node.  I disabled the QOS policy, and no more errors and the virtual disks are initializing.

We had put the QOS policy on the simulator volume because we  had another  group testing something off of that datastore, and we wanted to limit what they could do.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bader

Well I figured it out...  One of our other admins had put a QOS policy on the volume that is the datastore for the simulator, since I had installed the first virtual node.  I disabled the QOS policy, and no more errors and the virtual disks are initializing.

We had put the QOS policy on the simulator volume because we  had another  group testing something off of that datastore, and we wanted to limit what they could do.

Public