Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

API Docs don't match system-api-list

richard_payne

If I look at the SDK docs (for 5.2.1, 5.2.2 and 5.3) for cluster mode there are a group of API calls file_get_* listed. Now if I call them (file-get-file-info specifically)  I get no such API back from our 8.2.2P1 Cmode installs (two of them). So I tried a 'system-api-list' and sure enough they are missing. So, are the docs out of date?

I should mention this works just fine in 7mode.

thx,

--rdp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

richard_payne

Always bad form to respond to your own message but I think I figured it out. The API call exists only in the vserver context, not the cluster.

--rdp

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

richard_payne

Always bad form to respond to your own message but I think I figured it out. The API call exists only in the vserver context, not the cluster.

--rdp

View solution in original post

ekashpureff

Richard -

Yes, the context of whether an API call is made (Cluster or SVM) matters.

There are other instances I've found where API docs don't match the actual APIs.

I always use system-api-list, as well as the system-get-api-elements to verify APIs and their repective input/output elements.

I hope this response has been helpful to you.

At your service,

Eugene E. Kashpureff, Sr.
Independent NetApp Consultant http://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekashpureff
Senior NetApp Instructor, IT Learning Solutions http://sg.itls.asia/netapp
(P.S. I appreciate 'kudos' on any helpful posts.)

richard_payne

Yes, thanks for the reply. I also discovered (incase anyone else comes across this) that you when you create the NaServer you need to specify a minimum of 1.15 as the version in order to get set_vserver to work. Older versions always return a 0 for failure.

--rdp

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public