Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

How to force a snapshot-restore-volume with NetApp Manageability SDK 5.4P1?

Lanes

I want to revert a volume to a snapshot but it fails with the message:

Failed to promote Snapshot copy "foo" because one or more newer Snapshot copies are currently used as a reference Snapshot copy...

But assume I want to do it anyway. On the CLI I can use the option -force. With ONTAPI I can use snapshot-restore-volume but this does not have a force option. How can I force it anyway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

It doesn't look like there is a way to force it using the API, at least not one I've found.  A potential workaround is to use system-cli to execute the CLI command with the "-force" parameter.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

asulliva

It doesn't look like there is a way to force it using the API, at least not one I've found.  A potential workaround is to use system-cli to execute the CLI command with the "-force" parameter.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public