Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

How to get SVM IP through NMSDK API

neha_T

I want to fetch IP assign to SVM

how can I get SVM IP through NMSDK API's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gaurav_verma

Hi, 

SVM never has an IP address rather IP address is assign to port (Logical or Physical) within SVM. To get SVM(vserver), Port and IP details use API "net-interface-get-iter". 

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

gaurav_verma

Hi, 

SVM never has an IP address rather IP address is assign to port (Logical or Physical) within SVM. To get SVM(vserver), Port and IP details use API "net-interface-get-iter". 

Thanks

neha_T

thanks, @gaurav_verma  I can get the information now

I want to fetch all CIFS shares on filer: NMSDK provide an API: cifs-share-get-iter

same way I want to fetch all NSF volumes, is there any NMSDK API to fetch all NFS volumes? 

Grzegorz

Hello,

You could query for volumes / qtrees and then filter out all with "default" export policy assigned to them.

gaurav_verma

API: volume-get-iter

If you want to exclude root volume use "is-node-root" as false. 

neha_T

But "is-node-root" attribute is present in both CIFS and NFS shares

I want to fetch all NFS shares only, or we can say that I want to list all the volumes which are listed in Namespace column in Array console.

One thing I can filter out is on the basis of Junction_path but it is set in both CIFS and NFS share

Basically, I want a separate list for NFS and CIFS shares

gaurav_verma

I dont think there is any API which gives you list of NFS shares. You have to first get list of volume and qtree which has some export policy (volume-export-attributes in volume-get-iter) excluding "default". That list should be list of NFS shares. 

Public