Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

My perl install is missing . . . something

stuartlong

I have a problem using the perl NMSDK interface.

I have two versions of perl installed on my server, 5.8.4 and 5.16.3.

The SDK is working fine with 5.8.4:

#/usr/bin/perl apitest.pl -C /.nacerts/nmsdk_crt.pem -K /.nacerts/nmsdk_key.pem spnabu03 system-get-version

OUTPUT:
<results status="passed">
        <version>NetApp Release 8.1.3P2 7-Mode: Fri Aug 23 20:16:59 PDT 2013</version>
        <is-clustered>false</is-clustered>
</results>

The 5.16.3 version fails miserably:

#/usr/local/bin/perl apitest.pl -C /.nacerts/nmsdk_crt.pem -K /.nacerts/nmsdk_key.pem spnabu03 system-get-version

OUTPUT:
<results status="failed" reason="in Zapi::invoke, cannot connect to socket" errno="13001"></results>

I have a suspicion that the problem may lay in the Net::SSLeay perl module and its interaction with the openssl library, but I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stuartlong

Progress!

After running my script through the Perl debugger, I found a run-time 'require' for module Socket6, which I did not have installed.  Since the require is inside an eval block, it silently leaves a couple of variables unset (particularly $na_can_use_ipv6), which later on leads to a failure creating a socket.

After installing Socket6, there is a Exporter warning (only when using -w) about a redefined subroutine, but I'm not going to sweat that right now, as the process works.

For comparison:

Perl v5.8.4 (with -w)

#/usr/bin/perl -w apitest.pl -C /.nacerts/nmsdk_crt.pem -K /.nacerts/nmsdk_key.pem spnabu03pvt system-get-version
"my" variable $use_port masks earlier declaration in same scope at apitest.pl line 96.
"my" variable @option masks earlier declaration in same scope at apitest.pl line 147.
"my" variable $xo masks earlier declaration in same scope at apitest.pl line 344.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 183.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 187.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 229.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 311.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 316.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at apitest.pl line 319.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 332.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at ../../../../lib/perl/NetApp/NaServer.pm line 1827.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 350.

OUTPUT:
</results>

Perl v5.16.3 (with -w)

#/usr/local/bin/perl -w apitest.pl -C /.nacerts/nmsdk_crt.pem -K /.nacerts/nmsdk_key.pem spnabu03pvt system-get-version
Subroutine NaServer::pack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16.3/Exporter.pm line 66.
at ../../../../lib/perl/NetApp/NaServer.pm line 66.
"my" variable $use_port masks earlier declaration in same scope at apitest.pl line 96.
"my" variable @option masks earlier declaration in same scope at apitest.pl line 147.
"my" variable $xo masks earlier declaration in same scope at apitest.pl line 344.
Use of uninitialized value $host_equiv in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 183.
Use of uninitialized value $inputxml in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 187.
Use of uninitialized value $host_equiv in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 229.
Use of uninitialized value $host_equiv in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 311.
Use of uninitialized value $showxml in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 316.
Use of uninitialized value $inputxml in numeric gt (>) at apitest.pl line 319.
Use of uninitialized value $showxml in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 332.
Use of uninitialized value $showxml in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 350.

OUTPUT:
</results>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

stuartlong

Progress!

After running my script through the Perl debugger, I found a run-time 'require' for module Socket6, which I did not have installed.  Since the require is inside an eval block, it silently leaves a couple of variables unset (particularly $na_can_use_ipv6), which later on leads to a failure creating a socket.

After installing Socket6, there is a Exporter warning (only when using -w) about a redefined subroutine, but I'm not going to sweat that right now, as the process works.

For comparison:

Perl v5.8.4 (with -w)

#/usr/bin/perl -w apitest.pl -C /.nacerts/nmsdk_crt.pem -K /.nacerts/nmsdk_key.pem spnabu03pvt system-get-version
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 183.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 187.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 229.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 311.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 316.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at apitest.pl line 319.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 332.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at ../../../../lib/perl/NetApp/NaServer.pm line 1827.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 350.

OUTPUT:
</results>

Perl v5.16.3 (with -w)

#/usr/local/bin/perl -w apitest.pl -C /.nacerts/nmsdk_crt.pem -K /.nacerts/nmsdk_key.pem spnabu03pvt system-get-version
Subroutine NaServer::pack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16.3/Exporter.pm line 66.
at ../../../../lib/perl/NetApp/NaServer.pm line 66.
Use of uninitialized value $host_equiv in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 183.
Use of uninitialized value $inputxml in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 187.
Use of uninitialized value $host_equiv in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 229.
Use of uninitialized value $host_equiv in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 311.
Use of uninitialized value $showxml in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 316.
Use of uninitialized value $inputxml in numeric gt (>) at apitest.pl line 319.
Use of uninitialized value $showxml in numeric eq (==) at apitest.pl line 332.
Use of uninitialized value $showxml in numeric ne (!=) at apitest.pl line 350.

OUTPUT:
</results>

View solution in original post

yannb

Shot in the dark : are you running perl 32bit on a 64bit install, which may require a 32bit version of SSLeay or openssl libraries ?

I think I remember something similar while playing around with perl SDK on a 64 bit CentOS installation.

stuartlong

No dice.  Both Perl interpreters are compiled 32-bit, and so is the openssl library (0.9.7).

I'm downloading the latest openssl and compiling it.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public