Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Where do I find the docs for the actual server API like file-read-file and volume-list-info?

ZhengCai

Hi All,

I am a beginner of netapp SDK, so my first question is very basic. After I downloaded the netapp manageability sdk 5.5 and read through SDK_help.htm, I cannot find the detailed documentation for the actual API calls to the server.

For example, I am using C/C++, and I would like to know the input/output data format of 'file-read-file' and 'volume-list-info'. All I can do right now is to infer from the sample code in apitest.c or vollist.c.

I am attaching a screenshot of the help document's appearance in my browser. All I can find are only the 'na_*_*' core apis. So if possible please show me where should I go or give me a pointer.

Thank you very much in advance.

Zheng

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 4.27.47 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

acjackson

You probably want this: Reference Manual for ONTAP 9.0 APIs

http://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=62289&language=en-US

nmsdk_file_read_file.png

Another good source of help is ZEDI or ZExplore Devolpment Interface, which also displays the help to every api call/option

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

acjackson

You probably want this: Reference Manual for ONTAP 9.0 APIs

http://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=62289&language=en-US

nmsdk_file_read_file.png

Another good source of help is ZEDI or ZExplore Devolpment Interface, which also displays the help to every api call/option

View solution in original post

ZhengCai

Great, I got it. Thank you so much for your help!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public