Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

lun-get-iter

dsever

Hi,

I'm calling lun-get-iter to retrive LUNs, I'm waing for 20 luns (by default), and expecting pool od 20 and  information about the next-tag.

List of first 20 luns are ok, but  next-tag is in strange format, what I can't interpret.

<next-tag>&lt;lun-get-iter-key-td&gt;
        &lt;key-0&gt;FCP_SVM_A&lt;/key-0&gt;
        &lt;key-1&gt;/vol/MC_Linux_Njuskalo_Data_Fast/MC_FLOKIAPP_data_lun&lt;/key-1&gt;
        &lt;key-2&gt;MC_Linux_Njuskalo_Data_Fast&lt;/key-2&gt;
        &lt;key-3&gt;&lt;/key-3&gt;
        &lt;key-4&gt;MC_FLOKIAPP_data_lun&lt;/key-4&gt;
&lt;/lun-get-iter-key-td&gt;
</next-tag>

I've already tired to collect all information at ones (there is about 200 luns), but during heavy load  deffered functions are empty, so I'm traying to resolve me problem by calling it in pools of 20 items,

This is FAS8060

Thanks

Dubravko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

Hello @dsever,

I believe what you're seeing for the next-tag value is correct...it's not something you're expected to do any processing on, just pass it back to the ONTAP system so it knows where to start for the next set of records.  I have an example of using a "-iter" api with python here if you're interested.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

asulliva

Hello @dsever,

I believe what you're seeing for the next-tag value is correct...it's not something you're expected to do any processing on, just pass it back to the ONTAP system so it knows where to start for the next set of records.  I have an example of using a "-iter" api with python here if you're interested.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public