VMware Solutions Discussions

NetApp Import Utility for SnapCenter and Virtual Storage Console clarification

Mike_Pedigo

Can I confirm that if we only have an old VSC 6.2.1 insance and new VSC 7.0 instance that we can't import anything but storage systems using Appliance-Import, based on the following found in the documenation?

• The utility does not import backup jobs metadata, backup metadata, on-demand backup jobs, mount metadata, or backups on non-compliant systems.

I would take this to mean that my customer will have to re-create all jobs and can't leverage VSC snaps already taken.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scortez
@Mike_Pedigo no thats not correct. They are two scripts available when you download the migration tool. Please reference the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQmIEzNVfA&list=PLdXI3bZJEw7nm52NHfyjJKrVvhoycQPGf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

scortez
@Mike_Pedigo no thats not correct. They are two scripts available when you download the migration tool. Please reference the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQmIEzNVfA&list=PLdXI3bZJEw7nm52NHfyjJKrVvhoycQPGf

Mike_Pedigo

@scortez  Thank you for the quck response.  I'll take a look.  We started creating jobs manually, but could we remove those and try to re-import?

The documentation for the tool could use some examples....I'll trust the video will help.

The reason why I came to the conclusion I did is because the instuctions for the first batch file say it is for importing to SC 3.0 and also has a storage portion, so I guss I'm not following why there are two scripts.  If you can clarify that would be helpful if you happen to know.

Thanks again!

scortez

@Mike_Pedigoi totally agree.  the video has examples and walk you through the process for both migrating the storage metadata and the SMVI backups.  look in FP soon for an updated VSC/SCV SE Deck that will have even more examples should be published soon.  email me directly if you have any further questions.

Public