VMware Solutions Discussions

NetApp VM restore stuck at 57%

cchandlervmware

We are performing restores with VMWare ESXi 5.5.0 and VSC 4.2.1 and when we run the restore the GUI gets to 57% and just sits for the longest time. Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to check the restore progress from the command line?

4 REPLIES 4

dburkland

How large is the VM? I see this activity on restores of large VMs. I typically login to the ESXi host via SSH run an "ls -lh" on the datastore to see how much has been restored.

Dan

saranraj456

Did any found a solution for this issue ? we had a similar problem stuck at 57%

Saran

baher

I had similar problem with VSC 6.x running on vCenter 5.5 and the restore process got stuck at 57% and took very long time and eventually was gave an error but the VM was working fine and restored correctly.  I wasn't happy about the amount of time the restore took and also the error.  So, I added another vNIC interface on the vCenter server into the storage network and this time, the restore process waited at 57% and after some time it went to 77% and completed successfully.  So, it might because vCenter needs to communicate with the storage system (NetApp) on the storage network.

drwoodberry

Was there ever a resolution to this? We had the same issue. After it errored out, the machine was not restored though. The web client said it was succesful in a matter of seconds, but the VIC client showed it as hung. 

VSC 6.X with vSphere 5.5.

VSC is installed on a seperate server. 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public