VMware Solutions Discussions

SV-SMVI running from VSC with vFilers

jhubert

I am trying to setup SV-SMVI under VSC with vFilers.  The issue I am having is the snapvault baseline was established from vfiler0, not the vFiler itself.  So when the SV-SMVI script is run it seems to get passed the vFiler name and does not see a SnapVault relationship. 

Is this a setting within VSC / SV-SMVI to specify the vfiler0 relationship?

3 REPLIES 3

nathangaskill

To set this up follow the SnapVault for SMVI User Guide to install SV-SMVI and setup you SnapVault relationships between base filers (vfiler0) as normal.

When you reach the section to setup the sv-smvi.cmd file you need to add an additional switch -svip and specifiy the base filers (vfiler0) ip address. See example below where Primary filers ip address is 10.1.1.1

"C:\Program Files\NetApp\sv-smvi\sv-smvi.exe" -svuser ****** -svpasswd ******* -svip 10.1.1.1

Also make sure options httpd.admin.enable on is set on primary and secondary filers.

swilmann1

how would you do this in a HA pair with volumes on both filers? as you can only set the -svip once?

nigelslocum

I created a script for each controller that needs to replicate using sv-smvi. Then just assign the applicable script for the backup job your creating, this does mean you need a different job per controller though not really an issue.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public