VMware Solutions Discussions

Snapdrive 6.3 and VSC 2.0.1

f_duranti

Hi all, I've saw that snapdrive 6.3 was released today and has some very nice feature:

• Support for performing Snapshot copy operations on virtual  machine disks (VMDKs) in an NFS or VMFS datastore, which requires  Virtual Storage Console 2.0.1 or later. Please check the availability   of Virtual Storage Console 2.0.1 and install it before using this  feature.
  • Support for space reclamation when using VMDKs in an NFS datastore
  • Support for DataFabric Manager caching with RBAC
  • Automatic download of the storage system access control  (storacl.exe)  tool as part of your SnapDrive 6.3 for Windows  installation
  • Bug fixes
    For more information, see the SnapDrive 6.3 for Windows Release Notes.

Anyone know when VSC 2.0.1 will be released?

Thanks

Francesco

6 REPLIES 6

gary_thomas

I got told sometime in the next fortnight the other day.

No idea on what the fix list is thou, hoping at least the wrapper one and the nfs license ones are in it thou.

amritad

Yes both these fixes will be part of the release.

Regards

Amrita

frizzledizzle

Any idea when it will be released? Kind of pointless to release something with a new feature that requires something not available...

amritad

We’re working on getting this released as soon as possible. I will send out an update as soon as it’s out.

Regards

Amrita

jherlihy1

Hi Amrita,

any updates on the VSC 2.0.1 release date? I heard from the local NetApp guys that it was supposed to be Sept 30 but that has come and gone and v2.0.1 is still not available for download.

Cheers,

John

amritad

Hi John,

This will be available around October end. I will send out an update once it’s ready.

Regards

Amrita

Public