VMware Solutions Discussions

Unattened install of Snapdrive 6.4.2 for Windows

DBRADLEY1

Hello all,  I'm trying to get a silent install scripted out so that i can save some time while building out servers, and so I can deploy this to ones we have in production already.  I was able to script it all out, but now when i run it in silent basic mode, i can see the error.  Its telling me passwords do not match, but I have retyped them several times and they are identical.  I have copied my script below, can anyone see any other issues in it, and obviously I removed the passwords to post it on here?

SnapDrive6.4.2_x64.exe /s /v" /qb SILENT_MODE=1 INSTALLDIR=\"D:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapDrive\" SVCUSERNAME=UHC-NT\snapservice SVCUSERPASSWORD=********** SVCCONFIRMUSERPASSWORD=********** SDW_WEBSRV_TCP_PORT=808 SDW_WEBSRV_HTTP_PORT=4094 SDW_WEBSRV_HTTPS_PORT=4095 TRANSPORT_SETTING_ENABLE=1 TRANSPORT_PRT_SELECTION=3 TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_USERNAME=******** TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_PASSWORD=********* TRANSPORT_PRT_PORT=443 DFM_SERVER_INFO=netappopsman.****.*** DFM_COMM_PRT_SELECTION=1 DFM_SERVER_COM_PORT=8088 DFM_SERVER_USERNAME=***-**\************* DFM_SERVER_PASSWORD=*********** SDW_ESXSVR_ENABLE=1 ESXIPADDRESS=vcenter.****.*** ESXUSERNAME=Ntapvcenteroncommand ESXUSERPASSWORD=*********** ESXCONFIRMUSERPASSWORD=*********** SDW_SMVISVR_ENABLE=1 SMVIIPADDRESS=vcenter.****.*** SMVIPORT=8043"

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

kirann

Hi Dave Bradley,

I tried the same command on two of our QA configs and is working fine. The same command is run and successfully able to install SDW -

C:\Users\Administrator.SDSMQA.000\Downloads>SnapDrive6.4.2_x64.exe /s /v" /qb SILENT_MODE=1 /Li SDInstall.log INSTALLDIR=\"C:\Program Files\

NetApp\SnapDrive\" SVCUSERNAME=Domain\administrator SVCUSERPASSWORD=****** SVCCONFIRMUSERPASSWORD=****** SDW_WEBSRV_TCP_PORT=808 SDW_WEB

SRV_HTTP_PORT=4094 SDW_WEBSRV_HTTPS_PORT=4095 TRANSPORT_SETTING_ENABLE=1 TRANSPORT_PRT_SELECTION=3 TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_USERNAME=**** TR

ANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_PASSWORD=****** TRANSPORT_PRT_PORT=443 SDW_ESXSVR_ENABLE=1 ESXIPADDRESS=10.72.248.46 ESXUSERNAME=Domain\administrat

or ESXUSERPASSWORD=****** ESXCONFIRMUSERPASSWORD=****** SDW_SMVISVR_ENABLE=1 SMVIIPADDRESS=10.72.248.46 SMVIPORT=8043"

Just to confirm I provided wrong username and password for parameter ESXUSERNAME and ESXUSERPASSWORD and hit the same issue you mentioned. I believe this is something related to the values provided. To re-confirm please initiate the GUI installation and provide the same parameter values to see whether the installation succeeds. Please let us know

Kiran

DBRADLEY1

Thanks for the response.  I have done some more work with this and we are no longer installing the ESX part of snap drive.  Below you can find part of the log file from when I'm installing it.  I still am getting the same error message, but if i step through the GUI install and use all the info in my script it installs just fine. 

The error seems to be with the password for the SVC Validation now, but i have confirmed that what is in the script is the correct password.  Could the issue be with having a % or ! in the password?

InstallShield 10:03:38: CallScriptFunctionFromMsiCA() ends

Action ended 10:03:38: Abort_NTAPDSM_DRV_FOUND_NO_SD. Return value 1.

Action start 10:03:38: SVCValidateAccountInfo.

Silent Install Information

Password confirmation failed. Please enter a matching password and confirmation password.

Action ended 10:03:38: SVCValidateAccountInfo. Return value 1.

Action start 10:03:38: AbortOnCommandLineMisMatch.

InstallShield 10:03:40: Running InstallScript function f31

DBRADLEY1

Can anyone help me with this?  Like i stated before would having a ! or % in a password screw up the install script? 

RIVER_YANG

You are right.

DOS Batch cmd recognizes single "%" as a var.

So if you have "%" in your password, you need to use double "%" as "%%" to present a single "%".

Tested, it's working foe me perfectly.

Share with you.

Public