I have installed VSC 2.1.1 on our vCenter 5.0 VM and registered it and it shows up in the Manage Plug-ins with a status of "Download and Install", so I click that and a little progress bar comes up, but after a few minutes it spits out the following error:
Virtual Storage Console
Virtual Storage Console for
The following error
script plugin from
The request failed
because of a
(Unable to connect to
the remote server)
10.9.80.85 is our vCenter server which VSC2.1.1 is installed on, so I'm not sure why it's not working. If anyone can help, that would be great, thanks guys.
I have the exact same issue as the original poster. I have not been able to find any information on a resolution so far.
Virtual Storage Console NetApp, Inc. 2.1.1
Virtual Storage Console for VMWare vSphere
The following error occured while downloading the script plugin from
The request failed because of a connection failure.
(Unable to connect to the remote server)
I did disable IE ESC. This is my first foray into VSC, but I am able to view that xml file from an IE Webpage. I'm just not sure why VCenter cannot get to it. Is there a manual work around? ie: Can I save that XML file to the extensions folder manually?
Hmmm that is usually an ESC issue. When you browse to the page locally, do you have to acknowledge any warnings? Try adding the IP to your trusted sites.
When I browse to the web page from my VCenter Server I can view the web page https://<<IP ADDRESS>>:8143/vSphereExtensionDescriptor.xml
If I browse to it from my laptop or from any other computer I get an HTTP ERROR 403 - Access Forbidden error.
I also get that same error message if I just try and access the local host page.
I think it's running and working, it's just that Tomcat won't allow me to connect to that XML configuration file from my laptop.(which I'm running the vSphere Client from...)
So I need to figure out how to allow myself and my laptop access to that XML file.
Yes, I've tried it with the firewall on and off.
If I run the vCenter Client on my vCenter Server, the plugin works just fine. I just can't get it to run from my laptop. It errors out trying to access the XML file on the web page. I know virtually nothing about Apache/Tomcat but I'll be doing some research to see how I can make that file available to my laptop.