VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 2.1 64 bit fails to install

MARCINS78

I am trying to install VSC 2.1 64-bit for vSphere on Windows 2008 R2 SP1 running vSphere 4.1 u1 and the installation fails each time when trying to start the wrapper service. I have disabled UAC but that did not do the trick for me as it did for some folks. Does anyone have any other ideas what could be the issue that the wrapper won’t start?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MARCINS78

I found the problem to my own issue. The problem is with wrapper.exe.

Please go to http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/download.jsp and download the latest standard version (currently 3.5.9) and replace the executable in the following location c:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\wrapper and the service will start and the installation will complete.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

bingq

Can you give a screenshot when the installation fails ?

Bing

willderbeast

Exactly the same issue here, VSC 2.1 64-bit for vSphere on Windows 2008R2 SP1 running vSphere vCenter 4.1 U1.  Screenshots attached.  2008R2SP1 maybe?

Cheers

Dave

MARCINS78

I found the problem to my own issue. The problem is with wrapper.exe.

Please go to http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/download.jsp and download the latest standard version (currently 3.5.9) and replace the executable in the following location c:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\wrapper and the service will start and the installation will complete.

willderbeast

Many thanks, that worked for us!

Cheers

Dave

philjochum

Thanks for the tip!  It did the trick for me, too.

~Phil

willderbeast

Thanks for your help, that worked for us, much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

MIRKO_HUTH

64bit version will also work without any additional files if you install it to a different directory (e.g. c:\netap\...).

Cheers

Mirko

Public