VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 4.2.1 - Blank Screen on "Scan Manager" and "VM Alignment"

JTOPPINGNFF

VSC 4.2.1 running on 2008 R2 Server.

I get a blank (ie "pure white") screen when opening the Scan Manager and Virtual Machine Alignment screens within vSphere.

All other tabs within VSC are functioning properly. I can confirm I can browse to the netapp web from my client machine by navigating to https://hostname:8143. Between this an the fact all other tabs are working, I do not think this is a firewall issue.

Any suggestions on where to look? I've tried this on multiple client machines to the same result.

5 REPLIES 5

jj

it's exactly the same for me...

no answer available???

stickle

Hi Jonathan and JJ,

The only time i've seen this is when a firewall or antivirus is causing issues. I know you mentioned this doesn't seem firewall related to you however trying to load this locally from the host VSC is installed on would be a good test to verify.

Let me know if this helps.

ACOWLESEPLUS

I'm having this same issue with a fresh 4.2.1 install. On any other view, like datastores and clusters view, I can access the netapp datastore provisioning wizard, but on anything where I need the full interface, Hosts and Clusters clicking on the netapp tab, or switching the view to View > Solutions and Applications > Netapp, I get an hourglass for about a minute and the screen stays completely white.

jeff_peterson

I ran across this issue in 4.1.  I stumbled across the solution that worked for me,  The issue was on the Client side.  (My workstations where the vsphere client was running from)

I found that once I removed the “Chrome frame” program which included the “chrome frame” plug-in in IE, that it solved my issue. 

I reinstalled the Chrome frame program again to validate the solution and again the tab stopped working and removing it again solved the issue.

Hope that helps

ACOWLESEPLUS
Public