VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC - NetApp vCenter Tools Upgrade keeps failing

OldGreyBeard

Hi All

All our vCenter are running the NetApp VSC plugin version 9.7.1p2

Today I've been trying to upgrade the VSCs to its replacement newest "Ontap Tools for vmWare Vsphere" v9.8

However whenever i try to run it the VSC just reports the upgrade .ISO isn't valid. 

Any thoughts, has any one seen anything similar.

P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

In order to isolate the ISO issue : Verify the checksum to ensure that the software downloaded correctly.

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Systems/FAS_Systems/How_to_check_if_a_file_downloaded_from_NetApp_support_site_is_intact

Once checksum matches that means iso is ok, we can go from there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ontapforrum

In order to isolate the ISO issue : Verify the checksum to ensure that the software downloaded correctly.

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Systems/FAS_Systems/How_to_check_if_a_file_downloaded_from_NetApp_support_site_is_intact

Once checksum matches that means iso is ok, we can go from there.

OldGreyBeard

Sometimes there isn't really a problem just an issue ...!

DOH..

All good now and the 9.8 upgrade is really slick (have NetApp finally made a usable piece of software ....?). Many times in the past I've had to tinker with the VSC admin mode command line, force removal of plugins from the VCSA  via the /mob or use some other KB to get it going.

10 vCenters all upgraded without a problem at first time of asking..!

cheers P

ChanceBingen

Just speculating here, but while 9.8 is newer than 9.7.1, 9.7.1P2 is actually newer than 9.8. That *could* be why. I've not tried to upgrade from P2 to 9.8 before.

As mentioned at NetApp Insight 2021, there is a new version of ONTAP tools about to release. I would probably just wait for that one unless there is a specific feature you need in 9.8.

Public