VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC plugin

Silverfuel

I am a few weeks away from upgrading to 9.3 and upgrading my VSC version. But I have to reduce two NFS datastores this weekend. In the past I have decreased space using the VSC plugin which worked flawlessly. Now that the VSC plugin broke, I dont want to spend time re-installing etc when I am going to have to do in a week anyway. Can I safely reduce the NFS vol in System Manager without breaking anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

Yes, you can resize NFS volumes non-disruptively by either right-clicking the volume in Systems Manager, clicking "Resize" and following the wizard, or by using the "volume modify" CLI command, specifying your desired size with the "-size" parameter. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

donny_lang

Yes, you can resize NFS volumes non-disruptively by either right-clicking the volume in Systems Manager, clicking "Resize" and following the wizard, or by using the "volume modify" CLI command, specifying your desired size with the "-size" parameter. 

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public