VMware Solutions Discussions

Virtual Storage Console 2.0 - SMVI - Long Response Time with a lot of ESX Server

olivierpallez

Hi,

I have an issue using Virtual Storage Console Plugin in my VCENTER Server.
I have one VCENTER server in which there are 171 ESX Hosts (3.5 & 4.0) and 2000 Virtual Machines.
When I want to view my backup jobs and/or to use a backup to mount a snapshot in R/W for example to restore one file in a vmdk disk, I have to wait for a long time (10 to 15 minutes) just to see my backup available.
I think that SMVI (integrated in VSC 2.0) wants to scan the entire Datacenter. In fact only a few ESX servers are connected to some VMFS Datastore on my NetApp filer.
Is there any capability to limit for example the range IP to prevent scaning the entire DataCenter ?
I would like to make some tuning effort to improve the response time when I want to view/use my backups.
Is there anyone who has already encountered this type of issue.
Thanks a lot for your response.

Olivier P

3 REPLIES 3

amritad

Hi Olivier

IS scanning happening through the storage console module? In Backup and recovery capability you would have to manually add the filers in the set-up tab. You can also file a support case with the logs and we can figure out if this is normal or not.

Regards

Amrita

olivierpallez

Hi,

I have already added my filers through the set up tab, but each time i want to vew my different backup job or backup available for restore I have to wait some minutes béfore the loading is completed.

Do you think I should open a case to get help from support ?

Olivier

amritad

Hi

Yes please file a support case. Our support team will be able to figure out if there are any issues at the filer/network level and help you fix those.

REgards

Amrita

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public