VMware Solutions Discussions

What is your vscan setting?

mdvillanueva

Hello Experts,

I am trying to setup my vscan to use excludes instead of includes. Anyone kind enough to share their VSCAN settings?

Thank you,
Maico

2 REPLIES 2

scottgelb

another community thread here https://communities.netapp.com/message/80036#80036 where I put a one page cheat sheet attachment for vscan commands.  Or check the man page or ontap docs for vscan syntax.

mdvillanueva

Hi Scott,

Thanks again. I did saw that one and it is a very good explanation of the syntax. However, I am looking more for an example of a setting, example are the excludes. I want to see if the lists of excludes I plan to use is good enough.

This is my list so far:

vscan extensions exclude add vm?,nvram,hlog,aif,aifc,aiff,asc,au,avi,bmp,eps,gif,ief,kar,latex,log,mid,midi,mov,movie,mp2,mp,mp,mpe,mp,mpg,pbm,pcx,pdf,pgm,pnm,ppm,ps,qt,ra,ram,rgb,rm,rof,snd,swf,tex,texi,texinfo,tif,tiff,tsv,wav,xbm,xpm,xwd,csv,sas7data,mdf,ldf,pst,accdb,adp,apr,dbf,egt,fdb,frm,gdb,kexi,kexic,mdb,ldb,mde,myd,myi,ncf,nsf,ntf,odb,pdb,prc,sql,wdb,ost,fdt

Maico

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public