VMware Solutions Discussions

cannot access IMT web shows "Your account is currently not active" about vsc version check

billksj

Your account is currently not active. If you have any questions, please send email to datamanagement@netapp.com.

Hello, I am a system engineer in magna and we have some netapp 7 mode FAS storage system in production use, now we have updated our VMware vCenter to 6.5 which resulted in the VSC 5.5 doesn’t work normally as usual when sending virtual machine backup job notification email to my leader. So I want to check which vsc version will meet the vcenter 6.5 in IMT but it shows my account is not active. SO, I want to know if I can have right to access the IMT ,or if I can update my account class , I have the S/N info , are they enough? Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ttran

Hi Billksj,

If you call into the main NetApp Support line and ask for our CSR Team, they will be able to rectify the account permissions issue using the system serial number.

Regards,

Team NetApp

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

konnerth

Hi,

I don't recall a VSC 5.X version.  As far as I know we jumped our numbering from 4.X to 6.X.

That said, IMT shows we started supporting vSphere 6.5 with VSC 6.2.1 and later.

---Karl

billksj

so vsc support vcenter 6.5 at version 6.x in your case, and 7 mode netapp is still in support? sir😀

i see the oldest version is 7 in the vsc download page yesterday。

konnerth

Well, yes, that's a problem.  😁

Support for VSC 6.2.X ended back in March 2019.  Also, the final 7-Mode release, 8.2.5, transitions to limited support starting January 1, 2021.  It would be a good time to consider upgrades.

---Karl

ttran

Hi Billksj,

If you call into the main NetApp Support line and ask for our CSR Team, they will be able to rectify the account permissions issue using the system serial number.

Regards,

Team NetApp

Team NetApp
Public