VMware Solutions Discussions

discoverArrays failed using SRA 7.1 and SRM 6.5.1

kmc

I am trying to add an array manager in SRM 6.5.1 using NetApp SRA 7.1 connecting to cdot 9.1p5, but getting the error:  SRA command 'discoverArrays' failed. Cause: Authentication failed. Invalid management IP address and/or invalid credentials

I'm reinstalling and configuring SRM 6.5.1 after upgrading our vCenter servers to 6.5U1e. I removed the previous version of VSC from the vCenter MOB site and removed the vCenter Web Client plugins from VCSA for both primary and DR locations.  I have two new Windows servers, one for primary/protected site and one for DR site.  I was able to install SRM 6.5.1 on both Windows servers.  I deployed a VCS/VASA/SRA 7.1 virtual appliances at each site and sucessfuly registered for each vCenter at the same location.  I then installed the .msi for the SRA 7.1 on both SRM servers.  After the installs I was able to go to the VSC plugin in vCenter Web client and enable SRA.  In the Site Recovery plugin of vCenter Web Client, I was able to create the site pairing, placeholder datastore, and mappings for resources, networks, and folders.

The add array dialog shows both vCenters at each site.  It correctly shows the NetApp SRA 7.1 as installed/available.  I enter the IP address of the storage management cluster.  I give the list of IPs serving the ESXi hosts.  I enter the SVM name.  And finally give username and password.  (The same username/password worked in previous vCenter 6.0 and SRM 5.8 install with SRA 2.1.  And login works connecting to OnCommand Manager)

I've tried other NetApp cluster IPs and SVMs.  I've tried the username with domain\username, username@domain.com, and just username.  And I've tried the admin account.  Same error.  No firewalls in between.

The logs are not very useful.  I have yet to find a way to generate the SRAs CMODE-ONTAP SRA log on the SRM server.  I have packet captures from VCSA, VSC/SRA appliance, and Windows SRM servers and working on sifting through the data.

I had this same error over a year ago when configuring SRM 5.8 and SRA 3.0.  I opened a ticket with NetApp support and recommendation was to use previous version of SRA 2.1, which does not use the VASA/VSC virtual appliance.  I wonder if this isn't an failing SSL connection.  We are using internal CA certs on NetApp management, VCSA, and SRM.  But I don't see a way to add a trusted root CA or replace self-signed certs for the VASA/VCS/SRA appliance.

Thanks for any help or advice.

1 REPLY 1

satishv
The mgmt ip that you are trying to add on the array manager page should also be added on the VSC storage systems page first. Could you check if VSC Storage systems page has been added with this IP and then attempt the array manager creation operation again with the same mgmt IP
Public