VMware Solutions Discussions

vSphere 6.0 and NetApp Software

SomBane

Hi everyone,

Since vSphere 6.0 has gone GA this week, I'm looking at what it would take to upgrade our current vSphere environment.  After a cursory review on the IMT, I didn't see updated information regarding any of the VMware specific integration software.  Is there an estimate when we'll get official word from NetApp regarding VSC / NFS for VAAI plugin / VASA?  Until there's an indication from NetApp, has anyone done this install in a lab and could share their experience integrating these tools with 6.0?

I'm looking to do a lab install and see what happens, but thought it might be nice to hear from the community to know what I'm getting into.  🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DREW_RUSSELL

The only offical requirements I have seen from NetApp are as follows:

• VSC 5.0.1 Beta
  • VASA Provider 6.0 for clustered Data ONTAP Beta
  • clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.1

VSC and VSAP VP 6.0 will be released 'very soon' and will provide full support from what I understand. Personally, I will be labing this up once the they go GA.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shatfield

The last I heard the beta bits stopped working with vcenter6 in the post RC timeframe.  I would wait for updated VSC and VASA downloads to become available.

balazs_lovas

Hi,

Would this mean that the beta vasa+vsc we have at the moment will not work with vsphere6 GA?

I just spent my last 5 hours setting up a lab.. everything works ok until I try to register the VASA into VSC. I got an sslhandshare error at that point.

This might explain why.

DREW_RUSSELL

The only offical requirements I have seen from NetApp are as follows:

• VSC 5.0.1 Beta
  • VASA Provider 6.0 for clustered Data ONTAP Beta
  • clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.1

VSC and VSAP VP 6.0 will be released 'very soon' and will provide full support from what I understand. Personally, I will be labing this up once the they go GA.

SomBane

Interesting, a clustered DOT requirement.  Luckily I'm just in the midst of getting a new cDOT system.  Thanks for sharing!

Public