Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Unified Manager 9.9RC1 and jemalloc

SCOTT_LINDLEY

I just attempted to install Unified Manager 9.9RC1 on a development VM so we could test drive it. When I ran the "yum install" command I was informed that:

Error: Package: netapp-um-9.9-2104282100.el7.x86_64 (/netapp-um-9.9RC1-el7.x86_64)
Requires: jemalloc

My issue is that there doesn't appear to be a "jemalloc" RPM in the standard RHEL 7 repos. I can find a number of references to:

rh-varnish4-jemalloc.x86_64

rh-varnish5-jemalloc.x86_64

rh-varnish6-jemalloc.x86_64

But I doubt that any of these will satisfy the requirement. I found it in a Fedora repo, but no references to it in a RHEL repo, and I'd rather not cross what might end up being a dramatic boundary. Has anyone else run into this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

andris

I can confirm that jemalloc is a new required package for AIQ Unified Manager 9.9 - it's being used for MySQL.

Have you installed MySQL 8.0.21, specifically?  This is in the "Must Read" section of the download page:

MySQL Community Edition support: Active IQ Unified Manager requires MySQL Community Edition 8.0.21 on Windows and Linux systems. If the installed version of MySQL on your system is earlier than 8.0.21, the Unified Manager 9.9 upgrade process automatically upgrades MySQL to 8.0.21.

Important: The installer of Unified Manger has been restricted to support only up to MySQL Community Edition 8.0.21, due to an interoperability issue. You must not upgrade MySQL to a release greater than 8.0.21. When a fix for this issue becomes available from MySQL, a new Unified Manager release will be provided.

stevenro72

Why does it state in the install guide for 9.9?

The following third-party packages are required, but not included with Unified Manager. These packages are automatically installed by the yum installer during installation, provided you have configured the repositories as mentioned in the following sections.

• MySQL Community Edition version 8.0.25 (from the MySQL repository).
  • OpenJDK version 11.0.9 (from the Red Hat Extra Enterprise Linux Server repository)
  • Python 3.6.x
  • p7zip version 16.02 or later (from the Red Hat Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux repository)

marz

{Edit to fix Release Notes link - Reference the bottom of Page 7.}

The problem in MySQL impacted Linux and Windows differently.  For Windows, the MySQL version remained at 8.0.21, but for Linux, MySQL could be upgraded to 8.0.25 (there were some intermediate versions that were skipped entirely from a UM qualification/interoperability perspective). 

Release Notes (https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2875768), bold highlight added to the NOTE text:

Requirement for MySQL Community Edition (third-party software)
  • Windows Systems: Unified Manager supports MySQL Community Edition 8.0.21 only. The Unified Manager installer for Windows has been restricted to support only up to MySQL 8.0.21, due to an interoperability issue.
    Important:

If the installed version of MySQL on your system is earlier than 8.0.21, the Unified Manager upgrade process automatically upgrades MySQL to 8.0.21. You must not upgrade MySQL to a release greater than 8.0.21. When a fix for this issue becomes available from MySQL, a new Unified Manager release will be provided.

• Linux systems: Unified Manager supports MySQL Community Edition 8.0.25 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS systems.
    Note: The previously reported MySQL interoperability issue has been resolved, and MySQL 8.0.25 is now supported on Linux systems.
Public