Ask The Experts

fas2520 , 2 node vmware; cluster nfs?

marcocapone

I have a fas2520 with two heads and two vmware nodes; on the fas I configure the network to receive and provide services via nfs; then on a head, port e0c, I will be 10.0.0.5 and the other head will be 10.0.0.6; the nodes with the correct port will be 10.0.0.10 and 10.0.0.11. if a node connects nfs to each other  nfs tells me that the two nodes will see a datastore called DatastoreVM and the other Datastore (1), since the high reliability does not work. if instead I configure both vmware nodes to an ip nfs I have a correct setting with the same datastore name on both nodes, but I will have the problem that if a head falls for a failure, I get the nfs volume. I can have an ip cluster of nfs in order to point to only one ip.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: fas2520 , 2 node vmware; cluster nfs?

AlexDawson

Sorry, I can't understand your question.

With NetApp HA - the IP used to serve NFS moves between nodes. The specifics of how this is done depends on your ONTAP version.

Assuming you are using Clustered ONTAP 8.3 or newer - each node needs an SP and a node management IP. The cluster of two nodes also has a cluster management IP. Then there will be a SVM created, and that SVM will have a LIF (Logical Interface) with an IP address used to access NFS from the NetApp.

View solution in original post

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public