General Discussion

How to disable/enable vscan through WFA

Nishith

With work flow automation, how to create a work flow to enable and disable vscan as there are no built in commands to create a work flow

commands i manually use(by logging in to CDOT) to enable/disable

vserver vscan enable <vservername>

vserver vscan disable <vservername>

If i have to create separate command, what parameters/objects should be taken in to consideration to  create it.

should it be in perl or powershell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

In terms of actually enabling and disabling Vscan for a particular SVM, that's pretty much all the code you need (aside from connecting to the controller with the Connect-NcController cmdlet, that is). As to how you create a workflow within WFA, this link that describes the process is worth a read:

https://docs.netapp.com/wfa-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.onc-wfa-wdg%2FGUID-FF7F4F31-2F51-4B19-83A3-5EEF046DB361.html

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

donny_lang

Very simple with PowerShell after connecting to your cluster with Connect-NcController:

Enable-NcVscan -VserverContext <SVM name> 
Disable-NcVscan -VserverContext <SVM name> 

Nishith

Thank you so much for the information!!

i am new to power shell, if you have some code related to this can you please send it to me

donny_lang

In terms of actually enabling and disabling Vscan for a particular SVM, that's pretty much all the code you need (aside from connecting to the controller with the Connect-NcController cmdlet, that is). As to how you create a workflow within WFA, this link that describes the process is worth a read:

https://docs.netapp.com/wfa-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.onc-wfa-wdg%2FGUID-FF7F4F31-2F51-4B19-83A3-5EEF046DB361.html

Nishith

Thank you so much for the information. 

it helped me a lot.

Nishith

In perl after connecting to the cluster ,vserver using wfautil, To enable shall i use like below mentioned one

my ( $wfa_util, $server);

$wfa_util = WFAUtil->new();
$server = $wfa_util->connect($Cluster,$VserverName);

my $status_enable =$server->vscan_enable($VserverName);(can you please suggest whether this is right or wrong in perl)

Public