General Discussion

How to disable/enable vscan through WFA

Nishith

With work flow automation, how to create a work flow to enable and disable vscan as there are no built in commands to create a work flow

commands i manually use(by logging in to CDOT) to enable/disable

vserver vscan enable <vservername>

vserver vscan disable <vservername>

If i have to create separate command, what parameters/objects should be taken in to consideration to  create it.

should it be in perl or powershell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

In terms of actually enabling and disabling Vscan for a particular SVM, that's pretty much all the code you need (aside from connecting to the controller with the Connect-NcController cmdlet, that is). As to how you create a workflow within WFA, this link that describes the process is worth a read:

https://docs.netapp.com/wfa-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.onc-wfa-wdg%2FGUID-FF7F4F31-2F51-4B19-83A3-5EEF046DB361.html

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

donny_lang

Very simple with PowerShell after connecting to your cluster with Connect-NcController:

Enable-NcVscan -VserverContext <SVM name> 
Disable-NcVscan -VserverContext <SVM name> 

Nishith

Thank you so much for the information!!

i am new to power shell, if you have some code related to this can you please send it to me

donny_lang

In terms of actually enabling and disabling Vscan for a particular SVM, that's pretty much all the code you need (aside from connecting to the controller with the Connect-NcController cmdlet, that is). As to how you create a workflow within WFA, this link that describes the process is worth a read:

https://docs.netapp.com/wfa-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.onc-wfa-wdg%2FGUID-FF7F4F31-2F51-4B19-83A3-5EEF046DB361.html

View solution in original post

Nishith

Thank you so much for the information. 

it helped me a lot.

Nishith

In perl after connecting to the cluster ,vserver using wfautil, To enable shall i use like below mentioned one

my ( $wfa_util, $server);

$wfa_util = WFAUtil->new();
$server = $wfa_util->connect($Cluster,$VserverName);

my $status_enable =$server->vscan_enable($VserverName);(can you please suggest whether this is right or wrong in perl)

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public