ONTAP Discussions

Possible to change Snapmirror schedule on a vFiler DR

EvolutionXtinct

Hello!

Was wondering if i could get some help, i've gone and deployed vFiler DR's using the OnCommand Manager plugin but now we have to go and mess w/ the snapmirror schedules as we are running out of slots for semi-sync.

I was wondering is there a way to recreate the schedule for the snapmirror without breaking the vFiler DR or causing a sync of data up to DR.

We are currently running Data ONTAP 8.1.3 in 7-Mode

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

It would be snapmirror.conf on the target system... where the dr vfiler is stopped and updating.  Did you check the target?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

scottgelb

Yes.  Edit /etc/snapmirror.conf... or system manager update the schedule.  vfiler dr mirrors are handled by vfiler0, not in the vfiler itself, and use the snapmirror.conf file in vfiler0.

EvolutionXtinct

I wish the snapmirrors were shown there but as soon as I make a vFiler DR the snapmirrors disappear from the snapmirror.conf. 

scottgelb

Does "rdfile /etc/snapmirror.conf" show the entries?  It might just be masking them... unless Protection Manager is handling the scheduling.

EvolutionXtinct

when i run rdfile /etc/snapmirror.conf I only get the snapmirror relationships that are outside the vFiler.

scottgelb

It would be snapmirror.conf on the target system... where the dr vfiler is stopped and updating.  Did you check the target?

EvolutionXtinct

Your right it was on the target system, I thought i had checked this SMH..... Thanks for helping me find it 🙂

scottgelb

Very good... vFilers are fun.  I wrote the training labs for MultiStore years ago (Insight conference training)...don't get to touch them much anymore with almost everything cDOT in my world.

EvolutionXtinct

We've never used Protection Manager that I know of, is that a additional component to install or is it a part of one of the other software suites? 

scottgelb

It is part of the NetApp Management Console (NMC) that is downloaded from OnCommand Unified Manager (OpsManager/DFM).  It sounds like you have the windows oncommand plugin installed?

EvolutionXtinct

Also i'm running System Manager 3.1.2RC2 but the snapmirrors can be quiesce'd or abort'd thats it.....

Public