OpenStack Discussions

NaApiError: 13010:invalid version format

sayganesha

Hi guys,

I installed the icehouse openstack cinder rpm on my linux system (along with other openstack libraries).

Now, I wrote up my own client to invoke the cinder driver for netapp.

The Netapp we have is clustered version : NetaApp Release 8.2 P3

I keep getting this error:

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/netapp/iscsi.py", line 140, in do_setup
    self._do_custom_setup()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/netapp/iscsi.py", line 1159, in _do_custom_setup
    (major, minor) = self._get_ontapi_version()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/netapp/iscsi.py", line 333, in _get_ontapi_version
    res = self.client.invoke_successfully(ontapi_version, False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/netapp/api.py", line 225, in invoke_successfully
    raise NaApiError(code, msg)
cinder.volume.drivers.netapp.api.NaApiError: NetApp api failed. Reason - 13010:invalid version format

I looked into the code and it seems like the following code is failing:

# Default values to run first api
        self.client.set_api_version(5, 15)
        (major, minor) = self._get_ontapi_version()

Any ideas as to what could be the problem here ? How to fix it ?

1 REPLY 1

lgreg

Hello

did you ever get past the issue below? I've seen similar error messages in the past with other "tools". Typically, the version error response that I have seen in the past was related to the Storage Account not having the proper priv's/Roles assigned. It's as if Cinder is not able to get a version response yet the conditional requires the major/minor version. But priv's is not always the case.. Is this cDOT or 7-mode(I assume cDOT based on statement of Netapp clustered version 8.2p3)? I see that you are using iSCSI as a backend - have you tried this with NFS? 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public