Simulator Discussions

NetApp 7-Mode fpolicy error - n attempt to connect to fpolicy server for policy failed [0xc00000b5]

VARONISSYSTEMS

Hi guys,

Need, help.

Getting following error constantly from fpolicy on 7 mode simulator against windows 2012 server. 

Checked DNS, GPO named pipes set to ntapfprq. 

ontap - NetApp Release 8.1X47 7-Mode: Fri Mar 23 16:56:50 PDT 2012

Windows - Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

NTAP> Tue Oct 30 20:44:00 IST [NTAP:cifs.server.infoMsg:info]: CIFS: Warning for server: Connection terminated.
Tue Oct 30 20:44:00 IST [NTAP:cifs.server.errorMsg:error]: CIFS: Error for server : Error while negotiating protocol with server STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT.
Tue Oct 30 20:44:00 IST [NTAP:fpolicy.fscreen.server.connectError:error]: FPOLICY: A.
Tue Oct 30 20:44:00 IST [NTAP:fpolicy.fscreen.server.droppedConn:warning]: FPOLICY: File policy server for fscreen policy Varonis has disconnected from the filer.
Tue Oct 30 20:44:00 IST [NTAP:fpolicy.fscreen.server.connectedNone:warning]: FPOLICY: File policy Varonis (file screening) is enabled but no servers are connected to perform file screening for this policy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rhunton

Hi Guys,

I had this error recently and worked my way through the problem.

It boils down to the 7-mode filers were trying and establish a connection with the 2012 R2 server using SMBv1, this isn't enabled in 2012 R2 by default and I didn't want to enable it as we know SMBv1 is a security risk.

The soulution for me was on the 7-Mode filers I have to enable the following option.

options cifs.smb2.client.enable on

Once I enabled the fpolicy feature was able to communucate back to our auditing server straigt away.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rob Hunton

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Quake

Hello,

Do you find a solution at your issue ?

Because I have the same problem and I don't find anything to fix it .

Best regards,

Quake.

Rhunton

Hi Guys,

I had this error recently and worked my way through the problem.

It boils down to the 7-mode filers were trying and establish a connection with the 2012 R2 server using SMBv1, this isn't enabled in 2012 R2 by default and I didn't want to enable it as we know SMBv1 is a security risk.

The soulution for me was on the 7-Mode filers I have to enable the following option.

options cifs.smb2.client.enable on

Once I enabled the fpolicy feature was able to communucate back to our auditing server straigt away.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rob Hunton

Public