The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.
Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions
I have just started trying to use the NMSDK5.2.1R1 to automate some tasks on a NetApp8020 that's running DataONTAP8.2.1. I am trying to some basic things like add a volume to an existing vserver. Eventually I will automate the failover from one cluster to another using the API.
I have run into a slight problem, which may be due to the fact that I new to both the NetApps and the API. When I attempt to execute the 'volume-create' API function against the vserver I get the following return: reason="Authorization failed" errno="13002". If I understand the API correctly, I have to execute the 'volume-create' against the vserver context since that API function does not appear to be available at the Cluster level.
If I try to execute the volume create manually by logging into the mgmt interface for the vserver, I cannot as I the aggregate required to configure the volume is not visible. I can log into to the cluster mgmt interface and configure the vol for the vserver with no problem. However, the API does not have the 'volume-create' function to execute against the cluster mgmt.
Am I missing something simple? Such as simply changing the configuration so that you can access aggrs from within the vserver context? Or is this a problem with the API?
I apologize up front if this has been addressed somewhere, but if it has I have not found it. I will continue to search for a reference that answers this already in the mean.
That did help but didn't quite get me there. After making the change I was able to configure a volume from within the vserver context by logging in directly to the vserver. But I still can't do it via the API. Get the authorization failed error using the same credentials that I use to login via ssh.
It leads me to believe that I have misconfigured something that allows access to the vserver via API. I have also tried using vserver tunneling but the tunnel attempt fails when executing the vserver_set() function from the session.
Thanks for the help. It has at least gotten me to the point where I narrowed down the ultimate problem.