Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Can the SDK (5.0) be used against a vserver in C-Mode (rather than the node)?

TMACSEVERN

If so, what is needed to get it working? I keep seeing:

perl apitest.pl host user pass system-get-version

OUTPUT:

<results status="failed" reason="in Zapi::invoke, cannot connect to socket" errno="13001:></results>

Trying to create a script to collect specific details about all the volumes. I suspect if I query from the vserver

point of view, I will not pickup the node-based (i.e. root) volumes.

It *is* working to the cluster interface and the node interfaces.

3 REPLIES 3

TMACSEVERN

I also found a very helpful vollist.pl script that served as a basis for what I needed.

Hacked it up to get what I needed.

Thanks.

rle
NetApp Alumni

I would use the volume-get-iter c-mode API to the cluster LIF.  If you want vserver specific information, you can use vserver tunneling on the cluster LIF or send the API to the vserver management LIF.

Regards,

- Rick -

kunalm

With 5.0, you can see 2 set of APIs - Cluster APIs and vserver APIs. You can connect to a vserver with vserver admin credentials and use vserver APIs.

Alternatively you can connect with Cluster admin credentials, and choose vserver tunneling to use vserver APIs.

Here is a screenshot of how you can do that in ZEDI -

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public