Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

NFS Client Stats Info not available

billteeple

Hi,

I have setup the DataONTAP cluster mode simulator on VMWare.

I created an NFS share, connected to it and created a directory and a file in that directory.

When I try to query the client stats using the NfsStatsGetClientStatsRequest (via the Java API Bindings) I get the following error...

"Error : 13005 Unable to find API: nfs-stats-get-client-stats"

How can I enabled NFS Client Stats in the simulator ? OR it is not possible at all to enable those APIs on a simulator. I am assuming that the license info is correct since I was able to create an NFS share and was also able to write to it.

When I connect to the simulator using a browser though, I can see the NFS stats buried deep inside the Web UI. Is there some other way to query NFS Stats other than the NFS Client Stats related API calls ?

Regards,

--

4 REPLIES 4

LTDCLSERGAO

Hello,

Try to enable this option :

# options nfs.per_client_stats.enable on

and use perfstat script.

billteeple

Hi Said,

Thanks for the help.

I am a bit new at these things (actually, totally new )

Should that option be enabled from the VLOADER prompt ?

Also, where can I find that perfstat script please.

Regards,

--

billteeple

Also, when I said "Is there another way to query NFS stats" I meant to ask whether there was a different way from within the API to query the NFS Client Stats...

Regards

--

LTDCLSERGAO

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry, I believed that you were mode7.  I have not experienced cluster mode enough.

On 7mode, there is an options  nfs.per_client_stats.enable that enable to have NFS stat per client.

To get these stat you run perfstat ( which is software provide by Netapp  ( now)) on a Unix or windows client.

Sorry one more time.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public