The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Priv Set Advanced or Diag commands?

slair

I'm trying to run the "sis check" command using the SDK.  i can run it using the "System-cli" NAElement.  But all my commands are running under "priv set admin".  The "sis check" command is a "priv set diag" command.

How can i change my privilege level using the SDK?  I tried running the "priv set diag" command first, but when i next run "sis check" i'm back to "priv set admin" levels...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

slair

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately it parses the command and doesn't except multiple commands with a semicolon.  By blind luck i tried the below and it works perfect:

$in =  New-Object NetApp.Manage.NaElement("system-cli");

$in.AddNewChild("priv","diag")

Hopefully this helps someone else at some point.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bbjholcomb

If you are going to use System-cli, try  "priv set -q diag;sis check;priv set"

slair

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately it parses the command and doesn't except multiple commands with a semicolon.  By blind luck i tried the below and it works perfect:

$in =  New-Object NetApp.Manage.NaElement("system-cli");

$in.AddNewChild("priv","diag")

Hopefully this helps someone else at some point.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public