Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

how to get 'statistics top file' result via Perl SDK

wolfohyeah

Hi all,

I have srugled for some days to get the 'statistics top file' result (sort-key with read_data) via Perl SDK but all failed. 

1. I use sdk-9.3

2. I wanted to learn some code from the sample code, which locates in sdkdir/src/sample/Data_ONTAP/Perl. I get 'Unable to find API: perf-object-instance-list-info' when run perf_operation.pl. Not sure whether I download the right sdk version.

3. I see another thread in the forums at this link. Then I think the related function is like perf-*. And I think 'top_file' should be the value of 'objectname'  'read_data' should be the value of the 'counter'. But I don't have idea about what is the 'instance' and 'sample id' in some perf-* function.

3. Then I tried to test some function in Zedi. But the 'perf-object-instance-list-info-iter' return fail and reason is 'this command does not support the "top_file" object and other statistically tracked objects. please use the "statistics start/stop/show". Does it mean that we can only login and run command to get the 'top file' and cannot get from sdk?

Jeff,

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

wolfohyeah

I still cannot find a right way to get the 'top file' and 'top client' in my script.  Smiley Sad

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public