VMware Solutions Discussions

E2760 Add capacity to a disk pool question

justinfibe

Dears:

I want to increase the space of disk pool 1. This disk pool is activated DA (Data Assurance)

justinfibe_0-1609224724543.png

The state of this hard drive inserted, picture

justinfibe_1-1609224879337.png

why aren't unassigned driver list ? 

justinfibe_2-1609224959454.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NetApp_AU

Using your array's name, I found ASUPs for the system.

The drive WWN and SN in the picture do not match the drive WWN and SN for drive in Tray 99, Drawer 3, Slot 1 in the ASUP from Dec. 28. Are you sure the picture you provided is for the current drive in Tray 99, Drawer 3, Slot 1? If it is, I am thinking the drive was not flashed correctly and should be replaced again.

Do you have any extra drives on site with the same drive model that we could try? An unused hot spare from another system could work for testing if the drive model is the same.

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

NetApp_AU

Hello justinfibe,

I can see that the selected drive is not DA capable in the second screen, "Data Assurance (DA) capable: No".

The first screenshot and your description indicate that the disk pool has DA enabled.

You cannot add a non-DA-capable drive to a DA enabled disk pool. You will have to replace the drive with a DA capable drive if you want to add it to the pool.

Team NetApp

justinfibe

Thanks for your reply
Does DA capable drive have a special parts number?

NetApp_AU

Hello justinfibe,

Yes, DA-capable drives and non-DA-capable drives have different part numbers.

To identify the orderable part number for a DA capable drive, collect the product ID from a drive already part of the disk pool and look it up on this page.

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/diskfw_eseries/

Note that multiple part numbers might be listed for a single drive product ID. Click each PN to see its details and to identify which drive PN matches you disk enclosure (DE6600).

Team NetApp

justinfibe

Dears

Thanks for your reply
The current product ID is consistent
The hard disk DA of the disk pool is yes
unassigned disk DA is no

justinfibe_0-1609230893844.pngjustinfibe_1-1609230903544.png

NetApp_AU

On the unassigned drive's physical label, do you see a part number listed? I am expecting something like the part numbers below.

E-X4038A-R6
E-X4038B-R6
SP-4039B-R6
SP-E4038C
X90-E4038C

Let me know what part number you see on your drive's label.

Team NetApp

justinfibe

justinfibe_0-1609239229301.jpeg

NetApp_AU

Using your array's name, I found ASUPs for the system.

The drive WWN and SN in the picture do not match the drive WWN and SN for drive in Tray 99, Drawer 3, Slot 1 in the ASUP from Dec. 28. Are you sure the picture you provided is for the current drive in Tray 99, Drawer 3, Slot 1? If it is, I am thinking the drive was not flashed correctly and should be replaced again.

Do you have any extra drives on site with the same drive model that we could try? An unused hot spare from another system could work for testing if the drive model is the same.

Team NetApp

justinfibe

Currently, the client cannot remove the drive in Tray 99, Drawer 3, and Slot 1 hard drives. Check the drive's label.

The picture above is another hard drive at the scene, and the part numbers are the same as Tray 99, Drawer 3, Slot 1 hard drives

We will try to replace the hard drive again

Thanks for your reply

Public