VMware Solutions Discussions

Error 404 when running setup for the first time

brunopad87

Hello,

I'm trying to configure Backup and Recovery options on VSC plugin and it returns me the error below:

My Vcenter is running on Windows 2008 R2.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brunopad87

I believe I've found out what's going on.

I'm using SMVI 2.0 and not the version that comes with VSC, I'll uninstall the older version and see what happens.

EDIT: It's working now... I had to install the SMVI server that's included on VSC... Oh God haha.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

stickle

Hi Brunopad,

Could you verify that the NetApp SnapManager for Virtual Infrastructure service is listed and running on the host where VSC is installed?

Also, what version of VSC are you running? You can check this from vSphere by clicking the "plug-ins -> manage plug-ins" drop down menu at the top left.

brunopad87

Hey stickle,

Yeah, SMVI is running and VSC version is 4.2.1.

stickle

That's interesting, I expected the SMVI service to be stopped or missing. Try restarting both the "VSC for vSphere" and "NetApp SnapManager for Virtual Infrastructure" services and try to access the backup and recovery screen again after a few minutes. This can solve some issues with communication to the SMVI server if backup and recovery was installed separate from VSC.

brunopad87

Restarted both services and still getting the same error.

By the way, SMVI runs on the same server.

brunopad87

I believe I've found out what's going on.

I'm using SMVI 2.0 and not the version that comes with VSC, I'll uninstall the older version and see what happens.

EDIT: It's working now... I had to install the SMVI server that's included on VSC... Oh God haha.

Public