VMware Solutions Discussions

Problem with luns/volumes

EMPOWERISM

I created volumes/luns in Netapp E2600 and connectes the Netapp to a host with a SAS cable,

The problem is when I create volumes in Netapp I can not see them in the ESX server without rebooting the server or remove the cable and connect it again!

I realy need your help ,Any solutions??????

6 REPLIES 6

rwelshman

Which version of ESX are you running? How many hosts are connected? Do you have a LUN with ID 0 in the list?

EMPOWERISM

I am using esx 5.5 and I connect 3 hosts to it but when it was only 1 host at the begining it was like now.

Yes ,I have a LUN with ID0.

rwelshman

What happens when you perform a rescan on the HBA - does it complete successfully? When you look in the storage adapters section on the ESX hosts, the number of visible LUNs doesn't change?

EMPOWERISM

Yes ,exactly.when I rescan, it completes successfully but no change in the Luns, only when I remove the cable and connect it again or reboot the host , I can see LUNs there.

radek_kubka

Okay, did you rescan the HBA on the ESX host?

Normally this is the operation used for discovering new LUNs presented to a host.

EMPOWERISM

Yes I rescaned it but there is nothing after rescan ,only I can see them after rebooting or remove the cables?!!!!!

Just for some information ,I am using esx 5.5 and LSI HBA .

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public