VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC Permissions Error - Unable to add scheduled backup

cadmom123

We get the following error when a user who is not a VMware Administrator tries to create a backup using VSC 4.2.1

The failure occurs when specifying the virtual entities we want to backup with the backup wizard.

Our environment is vSphere 5.5, VSC 4.2.1 and DOT 8.2P5 7-Mode.

We have created a network security group call VSC_Administrators and have added users to this group.

The users we have added have NetApp Administrator privs and VMware PowerUsers privs.

We added this security group to the VSC_Administrators role

We have verified that this VSC_Administrators role has the Backup Scheduled permission

We do not get this error when the user is a VMware Administrator

I have gone through the VSC 4.2 for VMware vSphere Install and Admin guide, have Googled this error and have searched the NetApp Support site and have not found a match.  One post suggested to revert back to VSC 4.2. 

Has anyone seen this error?  How can I get VSC 4.2 to go back to, it's not on the NetApp downloads page?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cadmom123

The Vmware security group that the user is in, VMware_PowerUsers did not have VSC backup permission.

So a user needs both the VSC_xxx role and the VMWare_xxx role  to have the backup permission.  We need both.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

cadmom123

The Vmware security group that the user is in, VMware_PowerUsers did not have VSC backup permission.

So a user needs both the VSC_xxx role and the VMWare_xxx role  to have the backup permission.  We need both.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public