VMware Solutions Discussions

Help Installing VSC 4.2.1

ROBIN_MINSHALL

Hi,

I'm completely new to Netapp - so you may have to bare with me.

i've installed VSC 4.2.1 on our Vcenter server. and registerd the plugin with Vcenter - seems to have registerd ok.

when i login to Vcenter i Accept the cert warnings when logging in and the open the solution in Vcenter. I then expect to see some information, or be asked for credentials for enumerating our storage controlers.

My issue is that i see nothing. absolutly nothing.

Any ideas where i may have gone wrong?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

ROBIN_MINSHALL

Any one here on the communities able to help me before i raise a support ticket?

Thanks

GLENYU5820

Hi Robin,

First, you need to setup an user account at the NetApp to allow VSC to communicate with vCenter.

Second, after click VSC icon, you should see "Monitoring and host configuration" --> add. Use that to add the NetApp in

After that, you can see netapp storage shows up in VSC.

Thanks

Glen

ROBIN_MINSHALL

Hi Glen,

That is the issue, when clicking on the netapp icon, nothing happens we do not see a "Monitoring and Host Configuration"

Thanks

Robin

ACOWLESEPLUS

I would like to point out that I am seeing the same exact behavior the above user states. A clean install of VSC 4.2.1 the plugin is Enabled, I have the link under Inventory/Solutions and Applications/Netapp but when I click it, I get a certificate warning, I accept, I get an hourglass for about 30 second but then nothing, just a pure white screen. I use this on several other VCenters that I manage and have never had this problem. Thoughts/suggestions?

Public